Comment on page
Connect to Basin
In addition to an internet connection, interacting with Basin requires:
Ethereum wallets are applications that let you manage your Ethereum account. Your wallet lets you connect to decentralized applications such as Basin and authorize transactions. On Ethereum, you are responsible for the security of your own funds. If you are new to decentralized finance, it strongly recommend to research best practices in wallet security before proceeding.
Basin officially supports MetaMask and Coinbase Wallet on desktop and mobile. Although not officially supported, you may be able to connect other wallets such as Brave, Frame or Rabby by selecting MetaMask on basin.exchange. WalletConnect is not yet supported.
Some wallets allow purchasing ETH directly within the wallet. Alternatively, send ETH from a cryptocurrency exchange to your wallet address. Make sure both sending and receiving addresses are on the Ethereum network.
1. Create a MetaMask Wallet
MetaMask is an Ethereum wallet that facilitates interaction with the Basin website.
- 2.Select "Install MetaMask For [your browser]".
- 3.Select "Add to [your browser]".
- 4.Select "Add Extension".
- 5.Select "Get Started".
- 6.Follow the instructions to set up your MetaMask wallet. Be sure to save your Secret Recovery Phrase somewhere safe! For better security, use a hardware wallet.
- 7.In the top right of your browser, click the "Puzzle Piece" icon and then click the "Pin" next to the MetaMask icon to pin MetaMask to your browser toolbar. The MetaMask icon should now appear next to the puzzle piece icon.
2. Optional: Connect Your Hardware Wallet to MetaMask
- 1.Select the MetaMask icon and then click the circle to the right of your MetaMask address.
- 2.Select "Connect Hardware Wallet".
- 3.Select your hardware wallet.
- 4.Select "Connect."
- 5.Connect and unlock your hardware wallet.
- 6.Select the wallet address(es) you want to pair with MetaMask.
- 7.Select "Unlock".
3. Fund Your MetaMask Wallet with ETH
This step may be unnecessary if you performed Step 2.
- 1.Copy your MetaMask Ethereum wallet address.
- 2.Send your ETH to your MetaMask wallet address from your current ETH wallet or an exchange.
4. Connect Your MetaMask Wallet to Basin
- 2.Select "Connect Wallet" in the top right of the page.
- 3.Click the MetaMask icon and confirm that you are on the Ethereum mainnet. If not, click the down arrow at the top of the window and click "Ethereum Mainnet".
- 4.Congratulations, you are now connected to Basin. Double check that your wallet address in the top right of the website is the same as your MetaMask wallet address.
- 2.Follow the instructions to set up your MetaMask wallet. Be sure to save your Secret Recovery Phrase somewhere safe! For better security, use a hardware wallet.
- 4.Select "Connect Wallet" in the top right of the page and select "MetaMask". Confirm the connection in MetaMask.
- 5.Congratulations, you are now connected to Basin. You can verify your connection in the hamburger menu.
Confirm that you are on the Ethereum mainnet via the network dropdown in the top right. If so, congratulations, you are now connected to Basin. Double check that your wallet address in the top right of the website is the same as your Coinbase Wallet address.